- House Democrats are poised to reintroduce a bill updating economic growth is measured.
- The “Measuring Real Income Growth Act” calls for “broadening the focus beyond GDP” when assessing economic growth.
- Democratic Senate leader Chuck Schumer plans to reintroduce the bill soon, the New York Times reported Sunday. The senator likened the current economic measurement tools to “still using a black-and-white television.”
- The legislation calls for the release of distributional data alongside GDP updates, allowing Americans to see which income groups reap the greatest rewards from economic expansion.
- Visit the Business Insider homepage for more stories.
House Democrats are set to reintroduce a read more >>>