- Alibaba threw its cofounder and outgoing chairman Jack Ma a four-hour, 60,000-person going away party at the Hangzhou Olympic Sports Center, the Wall Street Journal reported.
- Ma has a reputation for being extravagant, Business Insider previously reported.
- The former chairman will be replaced by CEO Daniel Zhang and previously said that after retiring, he wants to return to teaching.
- Jack Ma, the richest person in China, has a net worth of $38 billion.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Outgoing Alibaba chairman Jack Ma is known for being flamboyant, and his retirement party from the online marketplace read more >>>