- Many of the latest escalations between Iran and the West have been taking place in the Strait of Hormuz, a narrow waterway that sees $1.2 billion worth of the world’s oil flow through it every day.
- On Wednesday, three Iranian gunboats harassed a British oil tanker in the strait, the UK said.
- Iran’s foreign ministry spokesman warned on Friday: “Foreign powers should leave the region.”
- Iran has threatened to disrupt maritime traffic in the strait multiple times in the past, as doing so could decrease the world’s oil supply and send prices shooting up.
- The spokesman also lashed out at Britain was playing a read more >>>