Kevin Garnett says he turned down the lead role in Spike Lee’s ‘He Got Game’
|12/04/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Retired NBA great Kevin Garnett told Business Insider that he was one of the players Spike Lee approached for the starring role in his 1998 movie “He Got Game,” which went to Ray Allen.
- Garnett said that he “didn’t have any confidence” to consider playing the lead in a movie.
- He said Lee was persistent and Garnett finally passed when the director asked him to do a screen test.
- However, Garnett has acting talent, and he shows that off in the upcoming movie, “Uncut Gems.”
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Ray Allen played the lead in Spike Lee’s classic 1998 basketball read more >>>