Marvel’s ‘Shang-Chi’ movie could be another huge win for Disney at the Chinese box office, and shows the MCU’s focus on diversity
|07/22/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Marvel movies dominate in China, where “Avengers: Endgame” grossed more in a week than Disney’s “Star Wars” movies did combined.
- Marvel Studios announced “Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings” at San Diego Comic Con on Saturday, starring the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s first Asian superhero to headline their own movie.
- “As part of Marvel’s strategy, ‘Shang-Chi’ is a perfect reflection of the studio’s diversity-embracing world view,” Dergarabedian said.
- China is projected to surpass the US as the world’s biggest theatrical market by 2022, according to a November report by Ampere Analysis.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The Marvel Cinematic Universe has read more >>>