‘Midway’ $17.5 million opening weekend box office win marks lowest November champ in 20 years
|11/10/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Lionsgate’s “Midway” gets the surprise box office win this weekend, taking in $17.5 million.
- However, it’s the lowest opening weekend win for a November release since 1999’s “The Bone Collector.”
- Warner Bros.’ “Doctor Sleep” opened below expectations, bringing in only $14.1 million.
- Universal’s comedy “Last Christmas” brought in $11.6 million.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
It was a historically bad weekend at the domestic box office, as the winning figure was so low you had to go all the way back to a Denzel Washington/Angelina Jolie thriller from decades ago to find a comparison.
Lionsgate’s World War II movie “Midway” blew past its read more >>>