MoviePass’ parent company is looking to sell it and Moviefone as it continues to cut staff
|09/13/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Helios and Matheson Analytics is looking to sell MoviePass and Moviefone, multiple sources close to the company told Business Insider.
- Layoffs have continued at MoviePass, and contract workers at Moviefone have been suspended, sources said.
- The Moviefone editor Drew Taylor wrote “effective immediately all freelancing is suspended” in a recent email obtained by Business Insider.
- Some freelance writers for Moviefone had not been paid in months, sources said.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Helios and Matheson Analytics is looking to sell its two key properties, the movie-ticket-subscription app MoviePass and the movie-ticket site Moviefone, multiple sources close to the company told Business read more >>>