- According to Vanity Fair, prior to crucial points that have swung the trade war, investors traded thousands of electronically traded futures contracts on the S&P 500.
- In one case, Vanity Fair said, a trader or a group of traders, made $1.8 billion after buying 420,000 e-minis just before Trump announced talks “were back on track” with China.
- Those isolated trades have totaled to about $3.5 billion.
- “There is definite hanky-panky going on,” an unnamed “longtime” Chicago Mercantile Exchange trader told Vanity Fair.
- View Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The trade war has consistently sent markets moving in the past read more >>>