Netflix canceled Marvel’s ‘Luke Cage’ and ‘Iron Fist’ in the span of a month, and it could show a strategy shift
|10/22/2018||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Netflix recently canceled two of its Marvel shows, “Luke Cage” and “Iron Fist.”
- Since Netflix doesn’t release viewership numbers, we don’t know for sure if it was due to lack of interest.
- But it’s also possible that it’s due to Disney’s upcoming streaming service, which is expected to launch next year — the same year that Disney is ending its contract with Netflix.
- Disney has said it has no plans to move Marvel shows from Netflix, but as Disney prepares to enter the streaming wars, maybe it’s changed its mind.
- Disney is also reportedly developing its own Marvel TV shows more closely connected to read more >>>