- People only become billionaires by exploiting workers and preying on vulnerable and less privileged people, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez argued this week.
- “No one ever makes a billion dollars. You take a billion dollars,” the freshman congresswoman, who goes by “AOC,” told author Ta-Nehisi Coates.
- Billionaires make their money “off the backs” of undocumented immigrants, minorities, and single mothers,” she said.
- “You sat on a couch while thousands of people were paid modern-day slave wages,” she added.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez argues that people only become billionaires by exploiting workers and preying on vulnerable and less privileged people.
“No one read more >>>