Pakistan abruptly stopped calling out China’s mass oppression of Muslims. Critics say Beijing bought its silence
|01/13/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- China is facing international pressure over its crackdown on its Muslim ethnic minority, the Uighurs.
- Chinese authorities are accused of arbitrarily imprisoning Uighurs in prison-like camps and making them renounce their religion.
- More and more activists and countries, including those with Muslim majorities, are condemning Beijing over these actions.
- Pakistan, a major economic ally of China, was first to censure Beijing. But over the past few months, it started toeing the Chinese line.
- Experts say it illustrates the power of Chinese money.
Pakistan, China’s largest economic ally in the Muslim world, abruptly stopped censuring Beijing over its unprecedented crackdown on Muslims.
The shift clearly illustrates the read more >>>