General World News

Pele Recovering After Removal of Tumor

Brazil soccer great Pele said on Monday that he was recovering in a hospital from surgery to remove a tumor from his colon. 

Pele, the only player to win three World Cups, did not say whether the tumor was malignant, but the 80-year-old former Santos and New York Cosmos player said he was feeling good. 

“Last Saturday I underwent surgery to remove a suspicious lesion in the right colon,” he wrote in a social media post. “The tumor was identified during the tests I mentioned last week.” 

The Albert Einstein hospital in Sao Paulo said in a statement that it was keeping Pele details ⇒

BusinessMediaguide.Com portal received this content from this noted web source: VOANews.Com