Peloton’s nightmare before Christmas: $1.5 billion vanished from the stock in 3 days amid holiday ad backlash
|12/06/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Peloton’s stock plunged 15% in three days this week, wiping more than $1.5 billion from its market capitalization.
- The connected-fitness startup is facing backlash over a ‘sexist, tone-deaf, and dystopian’ holiday advert.
- Consumer sentiment can cause “a lot more stock price volatility when there are events that can cause people’s views to move up or down,” says one expert.
- Peloton this week also slashed the cost of a monthly subscription to its workout apps.
- View Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Peloton’s stock plunged 15% in three days this week, wiping more than $1.5 billion from its market capitalization.
The connected-fitness startup is weathering a read more >>>