Private-equity guru Leon Black’s family foundation is scrambling to distance itself from sex-offender Jeffrey Epstein, but it’s raising more questions
|07/12/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Apollo Global Management CEO Leon Black and his family foundation are disputing media reports linking the charity to convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.
- Yet their efforts are only raising more questions about the foundation’s history with Epstein.
- Business Insider first reported Tuesday that tax filings showed Epstein was listed as the sole director of the Leon Black Family Foundation from 2001 to 2012, which encompasses time after Epstein pleaded guilty to soliciting prostitution in 2008.
- But Wednesday evening, the foundation issued a statement claiming the tax returns were filed in error and that Epstein actually resigned in 2007.
- Non-profit and tax read more >>>