- Private equity firms have become major players in the startup market.
- Last year, 20% of all startups that had a successful exit — meaning they either went public or were acquired — were bought in a private equity-related deal.
- Startups still see lots more money from IPOs and corporate acquisitions than from private equity deals, but PE firms are spending increasing amounts.
- The top 10 biggest private equity purchases of startups are listed below.
- Click here for more BI Prime stories.
The vast majority of startups don’t go public. They get acquired — assuming they don’t go out of business first.
Traditionally, the acquirers of read more >>>