‘Sacred Games,’ Netflix’s first original TV series from India, faces legal heat for unflattering reference to assassinated Prime Minister
|07/21/2018||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Netflix’s first original series from India, “Sacred Games,” is facing legal heat.
- A petition has been filed in Delhi High Court for Netflix to delete any scenes that reference India’s former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi.
- One scene in the show depicts a cop calling Gandhi “fattu,” which is translated to “p—-” in the subtitles.
- According to Time, Netflix is in the process of replacing the word with “wimp” in the subtitles.
- Another police complaint against the show was filed, but dropped after Rahul Gandhi, son of Rajiv and leader of the Congress party, defended freedom of expression.
Netflix wants to be huge in India, read more >>>