SHUTDOWN DAY 31: Schools worry they won’t be able to feed kids; White House thinks GDP growth could fall another 0.13 points this week
|01/21/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Schools are worried about the future of children’s lunches if the government shutdown continues.
- At least one school district has already reduced children’s lunches, removing bottled water and juice, and reducing the fruit and vegetables they give children in a bid to “conserve food and funding.”
- Other school districts said they are concerned about the future, with no clear end to the shutdown in sight.
- “It’s so frustrating and saddening. We just want to be able to feed kids,” the food director of a school district in Kansas said.
- The White House told INSIDER that it expects the shutdown to deduct 0.13 percentage read more >>>