Snap and WeWork have done an outstanding job showing the problems with making CEOs all-powerful (FB, GOOGL, DBX, SNAP, ROKU)
|01/17/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Recent news out of WeWork and Snap illustrates the shortcomings of their corporate structures.
- At Snap, CEO Evan Spiegel’s imperial management style seems to be driving away numerous top managers, including its chief financial officer, who announced his departure Tuesday.
- At WeWork, CEO Adam Neumann is reportedly engaged in what has the appearance of self-dealing — directing the company to lease buildings that he himself owns, despite the objections of the company’s investors.
- Both companies have stock structures that give their outsized power to their CEOs — and little to no power to regular shareholders.
- They are among a growing number of tech read more >>>