Sports-betting insiders explain why Barstool is a hot acquisition target, and how a sale could spark more media and gambling tie-ups
|01/17/2020||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Barstool Sports is close to selling to a casino company, according to Vox.
- A deal could help Penn National, the casino company, expand its national profile and cut down on the cost to acquire new gamblers.
- A Barstool sale, if completed, could also spur, and set the tone for, future deals between media companies and sports-betting operators.
- “It’s going to accelerate the process of figuring out how to create deeper relationships with media companies beyond just buying ads,” one sports-industry advisor said.
- Click here for more BI Prime stories.
A sale of Barstool Sports to a casino company could set the tone read more >>>