- “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker” earned an estimated $176 million at the domestic box office this weekend.
- That figure marks the third best opening of the year.
- It is also the third-best opening ever for the month of December, below the openings of “The Last Jedi” and “The Force Awakens.”
- Though the opening is a huge figure, for the “Star Wars” saga it is underwhelming and is another indication that audiences are tiring of the constant barrage of the franchise.
- “Cats” only brought in $6.5 million, domestically.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Though “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker” may have one read more >>>