Stocks get whacked as global-growth fears mount
|01/23/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Stocks were hit hard Tuesday amid fears of a slowing global economy.
- The Financial Times reported the US called off trade talks with China, but Larry Kudlow, President Trump’s top economic adviser, said that report wasn’t true.
- On Monday, China posted its slowest economic growth in a decade and South Korea saw a big drop in exports.
- Also on Monday, the International Monetary Fund downgraded its global growth outlook.
- Watch US equity markets trade live.
US equity markets were under pressure Tuesday as worries of a slowing global economy persisted.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 300 points, or 1.2%, while read more >>>