STOCKS HIT A RECORD HIGH: Here’s what you need to know
|01/10/2018||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
US stocks rose, hitting another record high, as investors continue to price in the impact of tax cuts ahead of corporate earnings season, which starts later this week.
The S&P 500 rose 0.2%, while the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.5% and the more tech-heavy Nasdaq 100 increased 0.2%.
First up, the scoreboard:
- Dow: 25,403.47, +102.47, (+0.48%)
- S&P 500: 2,753.55, +3.58, (+0.21%)
- Nasdaq: 7,163.58, +6.19, (+0.16%)
- US 10-year yield: 2.55%, +0.07
- WTI crude oil: $62.89, +$1.16, +1.88%
1. Goldman Sachs identifies two areas of tax reform that could throw investors for a loop this earnings season. They include required corporate write-downs of deferred tax items, read more >>>