STOCKS RISE AFTER REPORTS OF AN OPEC DEAL: Here’s what you need to know
|09/28/2016||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
Stocks bounced into the green on Wednesday after Reuters reported that OPEC reached a deal to limit oil production.
The energy sector gained 3.9%, the most among the S&P 500’s 11 sectors as of 2:28 p.m. ET.
First up, the scoreboard:
- Dow: 18,327.33, +99.03, (+0.54%)
- S&P 500: 2,168.66, +8.00, (+0.42%)
- Nasdaq: 5,313.23, +7.54, (+0.14%)
- WTI Crude: $46.87, +$2.20, (+4.90%)
- 1o-year yield: 1.565%, +0.009
- OPEC reportedly reached a deal to limit production, after which oil prices shot through the roof. Reuters reported, citing “sources” that “OPEC had agreed to limit oil production to 32.5 million barrels per day. Once the group reaches its target, OPEC will read more >>>