STOCKS SLIP LOWER: Here’s what you need to know (SPX, CCMP, INDU)
|05/12/2017||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
Stocks slipped on Friday amid underwhelming economic data on consumer prices and retail sales.
All three major indices moved less than 0.2% as stocks stayed mired in a tight trading range. The S&P 500 declined further from record highs reached on Wednesday.
First up, the scoreboard:
- Dow: 20,892.71, -26.71, (-0.13%)
- S&P 500: 2,390.63, -3.80 (-0.16%)
- Nasdaq: 6,121.23, +5.27 (+0.09%)
- US 10-year yield: 2.326%, -0.0616
- WTI crude: $47.90, +0.07, (0.15%)
1. US consumer prices rebounded in April. The consumer price index, a basket of consumer goods that reflects price changes, rose 0.2% from March.