- Taika Waititi spoke with Business Insider about his acclaimed Nazi satire, “Jojo Rabbit.”
- Waititi wrote and directed the movie, and also stars as an imaginary Adolf Hitler who the main character talks to.
- Waititi said the first draft of the script was more dramatic and didn’t include the Hitler character.
- Almost five years after Waititi wrote the script, Fox Searchlight said it wanted to make the movie, as long as Waititi played the Hitler character, “which was lunacy to me,” Waititi said.
- The director eventually agreed and the result is a movie that is building Oscar buzz.
Visit Business Insider’s homepage read more >>>