The billionaire founder of Chinese tech giant JD.com is locked in a bitter lawsuit over a rape allegation by a college student: Here’s everything we know about the case (JD)
|05/23/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Richard Liu, the billionaire founder of China’s JD.com and one of the richest men in China, is facing a rape accusation in a civil court from a University of Minnesota college student.
- He denies the allegations.
- Liu was arrested last summer but was released shortly after. Minneapolis prosecutors also decided not to launch criminal charges against Liu last December, citing insufficient evidence.
- But in April, the student Liu Jingyao filed a civil lawsuit against the tech CEO detailing the alleged rape, and a mysterious social media account leaked videos from the night of the alleged incident.
- JD.com’s stock has reacted swiftly to each twist read more >>>