- Imax CEO Richard Gelfond told Business Insider he wants to work more with steaming services in 2020 and beyond.
- Though Imax’s partners are the huge theater chains that will not show movies that do not respect the exclusive 72-day theatrical window, Gelfond said, for Imax, “that’s less a fight-’til-death issue.”
- Gelfond wants to find ways to show more specialty titles, like the Netflix short film “Anima,” which featured new music from Thom Yorke’s new album, as well as live concerts.
- Gelfond said “we have a number of projects that we’ve been discussing with” the streaming services.
- The CEO also believes that with studios concentrating read more >>>