The cryptocurrency community is up in arms after a US citizen gave a talk on blockchain in North Korea and was then arrested
|12/02/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- The community behind cryptocurrency Ethereum is in chaos after one of its members allegedly visited North Korea and gave a technical talk, and was then arrested and charged with helping the country evade sanctions.
- Virgil Griffith works for the Ethereum Foundation, and was charged on Friday with violating US sanctions on North Korea by giving a talk at a cryptocurrency conference in Pyongyang.
- Ethereum cofounder Vitalik Buterin defended Griffith, and said he hoped the USA “shows strength rather than weakness and focuses on genuine and harmful corruption.”
- UN experts have said North Korean hackers steal huge amounts of cryptocurrency to fund state activities.
- <a target="_blank" read more >>>