The deadly virus sweeping across China could slash its economic growth, S&P warns
|01/24/2020||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- The virus spreading across China could slow its economic growth by 1.2 percentage points.
- The coronavirus has sickened about 900 people and killed 26 so far.
- Chinese authorities have locked down a dozen cities and restricted the movements of 30 million people.
- However, stocks rose on positive signs for EU interest rates and European manufacturing.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The virus sweeping across China could knock 1.2 percentage points off the growth rate of the world’s largest economy, S&P Global Ratings estimated, according to Bloomberg.
The SARS-like coronavirus has infected around 900 people and killed 26, prompting Chinese authorities to read more >>>