The director of Amazon’s ‘Honey Boy’ explains how Shia LaBeouf’s stint in rehab led her to make the most honest movie of the year
|11/06/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Business Insider spoke with “Honey Boy” director Alma Har’el about turning Shia LaBeouf’s troubled childhood into a movie where LaBeouf plays his father.
- LaBeouf sent Har’el the script of the movie, which he wrote while in rehab, where he was forced to go after a public intoxication incident in July 2017.
- LaBeouf had to see his father before the movie was made. The two hadn’t seen each other in seven years.
- Har’el had an unconventional way of shooting the movie, having everything ready on set so when LaBeouf showed up in an emotional state they could film immediately.
- “Honey Boy” opens in read more >>>