The Equifax hack proved China is trying to steal your stuff — and America’s political dysfunction is letting them take it
|02/12/2020||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- While the US Justice Department has concluded that the Chinese military hacked into the credit-reporting service Equifax, it was the broken US political system that made such a hack possible.
- A combination of lobbying and ideological inflexibility has made it impossible for Congress to pass good federal privacy and cybersecurity legislation.
- Americans are electing politicians who let other countries steal our stuff. And some people seem fine with that.
- This is an opinion column. The thoughts expressed are those of the author.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Sure, according to the Department of Justice, Chinese military hackers broke into the credit-reporting service read more >>>