The FTC’s focus on ‘small’ acquisitions by tech companies is the first shot in a big new battle (GOOG, AAPL, MSFT, AMZN, FB)
|02/13/2020||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- The Federal Trade Commission’s move to probe past acquisitions by the big tech firms is one more regulatory worry for those companies.
- The agency plans to study the “hundreds” of deals the companies have made over the last 10 years that the companies hadn’t previously had to report to it.
- There’s growing concern inside and outside the agency that the companies have used such deals to quash nascent competitors.
- As a result of the study, the FTC could force the companies to unwind some of their past purchases or submit prospective ones for its review, legal experts said.
- Click here for more BI read more >>>