The iconic film ‘Alien’ came out 40 years ago. A scientist explains why Hollywood depictions of extraterrestrials have changed since then.
|08/20/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- The horror flick “Alien” hit the screen 40 years ago, in the summer of 1979. The film is one of Hollywood’s best known sci-fi blockbusters.
- In the decades since “Alien” came out, depictions of aliens in movies have changed dramatically.
- Instead of showing extraterrestrial life as humanoid, directors have instead depicted aliens as bacteria, as in the movie “Life,” or as amorphous lifeforms like in the movie “Arrival.”
- According to one scientist, these depictions are more scientifically realistic and align more with what researchers think potential aliens may look like.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The read more >>>