- Sony is struggling to keep the cost of manufacturing for its upcoming PlayStation 5 down, sources within the company told Bloomberg.
- Specifically PlayStation is contending with a scarcity for parts also in demand from the smartphone industry.
- PlayStation insiders said exactly where the company prices the PS5 will depend on where rival Microsoft prices its next-generation Xbox, the Xbox Series X.
- Some PlayStation staff are recommending the company sell the console at a loss if necessary and rely on subscription services to bring in extra revenue.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Sony is struggling with growing manufacturing costs driving up the read more >>>