- This holiday, the next-generation Sony PlayStation and Microsoft Xbox video game consoles are scheduled to arrive.
- Sony’s PlayStation 5 and Microsoft’s Xbox Series X are largely known quantities at this point, except for one major detail: Price.
- The PlayStation 5 could cost nearly $500, sources within the company told Bloomberg, due to manufacturing costs and parts.
- More than just a high price, the history of video game console pricing dictates that charging over $400 for a new game console is likely to result in a sales flop.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Next-generation video game consoles from Sony and Microsoft — read more >>>