The trade war is speeding up tech manufacturers’ plans to move out of China, a longtime industry analyst says
|05/25/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- The trade war is prompting tech manufacturers to speed up plans to shift production out of China, said Gregor Berkowitz, a longtime tech industry consultant.
- Wages have been rising rapidly in the country, taking away one of the key reasons many companies set up shop there, he said.
- The latest threatened tariffs could make Chinese-goods significantly more expensive than those made elsewhere, he said.
- The big Taiwanese manufacturers are already shifting production from China back to Taiwan and are making plans to set up shop in Southeast Asia, according to Berkowitz.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The trade war may read more >>>