The Treasury Secretary’s hectic schedule after Lehman Brothers’ collapse illustrates the chaos of the financial crisis
|09/15/2018||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Saturday marks exactly 10 years since the collapse of Lehman Brothers, the biggest bankruptcy in the history of the United States, and the defining event of the financial crisis.
- The days after Lehman’s collapse were a frantic scramble to prevent the collapse of the whole financial system.
- At the heart of that scramble was Henry “Hank” Paulson, the then-US Treasury Secretary.
- An extract from Paulson’s calendar two days after Lehman’s collapse so just how hectic things were.
- Paulson had 42 calls or meetings between 7.00 a.m. and 1.20 p.m. on September 17, 2008.
Exactly 10 years ago, Lehman Brothers collapsed into administration. It was the read more >>>