The Trump administration wants to slash funding at University of North Carolina and Duke for its Islamic studies program
|09/21/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- The Trump administration is looking to slash funding for the Consortium for Middle East Studies — a program run by Duke University and the University of North Carolina.
- The consortium received $235,000 from the grant in 2018.
- The consortium, according to an Aug. 29 letter from the U.S. Education Department, “unfairly promotes the positive aspects of Islam” but not Judaism or Christianity.
- The letter also states that seminars on modern love in Iran, for instance, are not beneficial to “national security and economic stability.”
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The Trump administration is threatening to cut funding for a Middle East read more >>>