- United Nations Secretary General Antonio Guterres revealed the dire state of the organization’s finances —which he described as “severe”— in a speech made on Tuesday.
- He announced that the UN are “exhausting” peacekeeping cash reserves and warned that the organization may not be able to pay some staff next month.
- The announcement comes after the US, the largest contributor to the UN, drastically cut funding to the organization this year.
- According to a report from CNN, the US currently owes the UN around $1 billion in unpaid contributions.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
United Nations Secretary General Antonio Guterres said read more >>>