The video game industry is facing government scrutiny over loot boxes, and the most powerful leaders in gaming are divided over what to do
|06/23/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- The video game industry is facing a major challenge due to so-called “loot boxes,” which offer a selection of randomized in-game loot to players for a price.
- Two countries have outright banned game makers from using loot boxes in their games, and a US senator is proposing legislation that would prohibit the sale of loot boxes in games available to minors.
- The game industry and its representative political body, the Entertainment Software Association (ESA), have yet to respond to the threat of federal regulation.
- Business Insider spoke with video game industry leaders to find out what’s being done.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage read more >>>