- Gemini Trust, the cryptocurrency exchange founded by the Winklevoss twins, just hired Julian Sawyer, co-founder and COO of UK neobank Starling Bank. Sawyer will run Gemini’s European operations.
- Gemini was founded in 2014. Similar to Coinbase, it offers users a platform to buy and sell cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin.
- Starling was also founded in 2014, but its younger competitors have outpaced it in customer acquisition.
- Gemini’s goal is to build the future of money. Leaning on space travel imagery, they call themselves a “galaxy-changing team“, and employees the “astronauts.”
- “Having the opportunity to build a bank is probably once in a career. read more >>>