- The world’s 2,153 billionaires have more wealth than 4.6 billion people combined, Oxfam’s latest report on inequality found.
- The richest 1% are more than twice as wealthy as 6.9 billion people, or nearly 90% of the human population, the report estimated.
- A key driver of the wealth gap is that women and girls put in 12.5 billion hours of unpaid care work every day, the Oxfam researchers argued.
- Their recommendations include investing in national care, passing laws to protect and pay care workers, and ending extreme wealth.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The world’s 2,153 billionaires are richer than 4.6 billion people read more >>>