The ‘world’s biggest legal-pot dealer’ talks about taking his company public and the future of weed (CGC)
|07/20/2018||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Canopy Growth became the first marijuana stock to trade on the New York Stock Exchange, quickly racking up a market value of nearly $6 billion.
- Business Insider spoke with its CEO, Bruce Linton, about what’s changed since he entered the industry nearly a decade ago.
- He said the opioid crisis has people looking more skeptically at pharmaceutical companies.
- His company recently garnered a huge investment from a major alcohol maker — something he says has competitors racing to catch up.
- Canopy Growth doesn’t yet operate in the US because of legal issues — and Linton doesn’t see that changing anytime soon.
- Watch Canopy read more >>>