The world’s biggest video game retailer, GameStop, is closing hundreds of stores as it attempts to stay afloat — and that’s just the first wave of closures (GME)
|09/11/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- GameStop, the world’s largest game retailer, is closing 180 to 200 stores — and that’s just the beginning.
- “We are on track to close between 180 and 200 underperforming stores globally by the end of this fiscal year,” GameStop CFO Jim Ryan said on Tuesday afternoon. The chain has over 5,700 locations around the world.
- This is just the beginning of a major culling of GameStop retail locations.
- Ryan said he expects a “much larger” group of stores will be closed in the next one to two years.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.