This VC investor explains how he finds surprising startups by focusing on the founders’ opinions instead of their initial product idea
|05/21/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Reilly Brennan thinks it’s a mistake for early-stage tech investors to focus too much on the initial ideas entrepreneurs have for their startups.
- Brennan is a general partner with Trucks Venture Capital, which invests in seed-stage and pre-seed companies that are working on transportation technologies.
- Other factors, such as the the startup’s team or the approach it’s taking to the market, tend to be more important to its longterm success than its initial concept, he said.
- Brennan and Trucks try to focus on founders rather than ideas, he said.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Reilly Brennan’s venture capital firm has read more >>>