This VC turned down an M&A offer from WeWork, and it shows how Wall Street may have wildly overvalued the coworking giant
|09/11/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Krishna Gupta, the founder of early stage venture capital firm Romulus Capital, shared on Linkedin that WeWork tried to aggressively acquire one of his portfolio companies several years ago.
- WeWork CEO Adam Neumann told Gupta that his bankers believed that WeWork could be worth $90 billion in the next two years.
- Gupta ultimately turned down the mostly stock deal, as he had concerns about WeWork’s sky-high valuation, and still believes it was the right decision. WeWork is reportedly now eyeing a valuation of around $20 billion in its IPO.
- The following post is published with permission from Gupta.
- <a target="_blank" href="https://www.businessinsider.com/heres-the-latest-wework-news-2019-6?utm_source=markets&utm_medium=ingest" target="_blank" read more >>>