Top European investors are betting the crazy $3 billion US scooter trend will go global
|07/14/2018||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- The buzziest startup idea in the US right now involves dumping hundreds of dockless scooters in a city and then hiring them out to people who want to make short trips.
- Scooter rental startups Lime and Bird were only founded last year but have raised million of dollars in funding and racked up a collective valuation of $3 billion.
- Two big-name European investors, Index and Atomico, jumped on funding rounds just as the trend is set to hit Europe.
- Index partner Martin Mignot said taking scooters and other light electronic vehicles for short trips could be as common as taking public transport.
- Bird registered read more >>>