Trump is pulling the US out of an obscure 144-year-old treaty to take a shot at China in the trade war
|10/19/2018||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- President Donald Trump announced that the US would withdraw from the Universal Postal Union, a 192-country treaty that helps to set international postage rates.
- The decision appears to be a direct shot at China.
- Chinese goods coming into the US are currently subject to lower postage rates, making it cheaper to ship items into America.
- The Trump administration argued this gives an unfair advantage to China and incentivizes importing knock-off goods from the country.
- The move is also the latest salvo in the US-China trade war.
President Donald Trump announced that the US would pull out of an obscure 144-year-old postal treaty, in what looks read more >>>