- The Trump administration is preparing to divert $7.2 billion from the Pentagon’s budget to fund the president’s US-Mexico border wall this year, according to a Washington Post report published Monday.
- The reported figure is five times greater than $1.4 billion Congress allotted for the project in the 2019 and 2020 federal budget.
- The new plan suggests the administration will increase the amount taken from military construction projects to $3.7 billion.
- According to the plan, the administration is also preparing to divert $3.5 billion from the military’s counter-drug operations, which is $1 billion more than it took in 2019.
- Visit Business read more >>>