Trump’s landmark trade deal with Canada and Mexico is suddenly in trouble
|11/18/2018||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- The highlight of President Donald Trump’s trade policy has been the new trade deal with Mexico and Canada — the USMCA.
- The deal must still be approved by Congress.
- Democrats are generally more skeptical of free trade deals.
- They now control the House following the midterms and could vote to reject the deal without some important changes.
- Additionally, some conservative GOP members have raised concerns about provisions in the USMCA that strengthen workplace protections for LGBT workers.
The biggest success of President Donald Trump’s prolonged trade battles has come in the form of a revised trade deal with Canada and Mexico.
But recent statements from read more >>>